Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Writing reflection

Ideas and Content
As a writer I am strong in writing clear topic sentences that make sence also being specefic in the topic the essay is about. For example in my Julius Ceasar essay "“I honor him; but, as he was ambitious, I slew him.” (3.2 pg.130) This quote sets Brutus’s conflict; he had to betray his good friend for Rome" This is the first topic sentence of my essay and this sentence grasps the main idea of the whole story of what Brutus does. My weaknesses are making my writing make sense and include interesting and relevant details. Most the the time in my Alchemist essay I wasn't very clear in what I meant and the message I am trying to convey to the audience. The reader probably had to read it a few times to fully understand what I am trying to mean. Also I can tell details but they aren't very interesting.

Organiztaion
So far in my writing career I have been very good at my organization. This is one of my strongest strength in writing, I am very good in organizing the facts laying them out in order so they make sense. Also overall in my essay I am organized I have an introduction, 3 body paragraphs and a strong conclusion. My only worry in organization is getting a clear thesis statement.

Personal Growth
Overall I have a better grade in my most current essay. So I think that I have become a better writter over time. Everyday my vocabulary improves, and my word choice improves. After seeing the results I conclude that I am better working on my self than people helping, I don't need that much help in my essay I just need concentration the topic and studying the last night. I also agree I got a better grade because I really focused and payed attention in class on the Julius Ceasar unit.

SLR Reflection
For both essays I thought creatively, In both essays I had to think constantly about my topic, chosing my word choice and the organization. Just thinking a bit I and doing my essay won't get me my ideal grad. By thinking hard and applying the concepts I learned in class I can make an essay which not only has good organization but good word choice.

No comments: